Cap. Quicfrac is a combination of 3 Ayurvedic drugs of plant/ herbal origin, namely Cissus quadrangularis 150mg, Mucuna prurience 50 mg & Withania somnifera 50mg each per capsule, intended to help all Adult Fracture Patients to help early & assured healing of their fractured bone/s.
Fracture is defined as a discontinuation in a bone tissue. Fracture is usually caused by any sort of an accident or an injury, having moderate to high impact on the bone, causing break or discontinuity of the bone.
Cissus quadrangularis is known to the mankind for centuries across the globe, for its fracture healing properties. Ancient Indian System of Medicine called ‘Ayurveda’ has identified this herb as well, for its fracture healing benefits. Ayurveda also recognizes its many other benefits to the mankind & is verified by the Modern Methods of Drug Evaluation in recent times.
Proper clinical trials of this herb were conducted at the Banaras Hindu University, Banaras, from 1962 to 1982.
In these studies, the drug Cissus quadrangularis is conclusively proven to have reduced fracture healing time by 30-40% in treated cases.
Reports are also available of the use of Cissus quadrangularis as a drug for fracture healing, from many countries worldwide.
Cap. Quicfrac combines Cissus quadrangularis with Mucuna prurience, a drug also known to help in fracture healing & that of Withania somnifera (Ashwagandha), which is a well-accepted tonic-tissue builder and an anxiolytic.
Cap. Quicfrac offers the Right Strength, Right Dose of all 3 ingredients in standardized aqueous extracts form, after carefully calculating the efficacious dose.
Cap. Quicfrac was launched in the city of Pune (INDIA), in September 2007 & later on in some parts of South Maharashtra and North Karnataka.
Other Indications for Cap. Quicfrac:
1. Cap. Quicfrac is also used with satisfactory results of offering symptomatic relief like reduction in pain and improved mobility in cases of A.V.N.
2. Cap. Quicfrac has also been found useful in a few cases of Osteomalacia and a couple of cases of Osteogenesis imperfecta.
3. Cap. Quicfrac is also used with satisfactory results in certain cases of low back pain/neck pain.
4. Cap. Quicfrac has also been found useful in such cases where ever the reinforcement of the bony tissue is desired.
5. Many doctors do prescribe Cap. Quicfrac in TKR and THR patients, probably because of the tissue building activity of Cissus Quadrangularis & the benefit of Mucuna, which raises the “Moral” of the patient, as Mucuna contains natural Dopamine, which offers serotonin like effect to the patient & Withania somnifera (Ashwagandha) reduces post operative anxiety.